1. visit the post office. great architecture and there are two souvenir shops on each wing. some of the items in the souvenir shops are cheaper than in the market.
2. go to notre dame and take pictures. the facade is so grandeur it's nice to take a souvenir photo with the cathedral at your background.
3. to know the vietnam war history, go to war remnants museum.
4. if you're willing to travel in a bus for 2 hours, you may visit the biggest temple in Ho Chi Minh, the Cao Dai Temple
5. another educational tour, would be to see and experience the Cu Chi Tunnels
6. ben thanh market. they sell local delicacies and goodies made and produced in Vietnam.
fruits locally produced in vietnam
cute and colorful vietnamese dolls
7. stroll along dong khoi street. lots of european inspired infrastructure